Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blogcademy Melbourne Scholarship Application

I've been reading Gala Darling's blog since the very beginning when it was still called iCing and she referred to her readers as her nonpareils (cute)! At the time when I discovered her blog, she was still living in Melbourne and she was still writing on Live Journal, as was I. It was a time of great adolescent angst for me, but in many ways she was one of the reasons for why I pushed past all that self-loathing and started to embrace Radical Self Love instead. Being three years older than me, I always kind of looked to her blog for guidance, and all these years later I can still identify with a lot of what Gala writes about. This is probably because we're both in the business of helping people find and embrace their strengths and make the most of their lives. Gala writes in such an accessible and engaging style that I just can't help going back for more. She really is one of my biggest inspirations, and that's why I got SO excited when I found out that she and her two blogging friends, Shauna of Nubby Twiglet and Kat of Rock n Roll Bride, were going on a world tour to pass on their knowledge and skills to other people looking to make the most out of their blog. Gala, Shauna and Kat are just such RAD ladies and the personification of AWESOME!

I am a student in my final year of a Master of Psychology and currently taking time away from my thesis (which is due in 17 days) to work on my Blogcademy scholarship application instead! I was unable to afford a ticket to the now sold out workshop in Melbourne, which is why I am applying for a scholarship place instead.

So without further ado, here is my entry....



Dear Gala, Shauna and Kat,

I would love an opportunity to attend your Blogcademy workshop in Melbourne because I am re-launching my blog and online business (selling my handmade jewellery and accessories). I love to write about things I am passionate about and share my art and creations with others. I am absolutely clueless about the techniques and skills needed to build a successful blog and business and I think I would benefit greatly from learning the tricks of the trade from three hard working ladies who are currently living the blogging dream. The three of you have such a strong vision for what can make an ordinary blog go from fine to FABULOUS, and that's exactly the type of guidance I need need to make my blogging dream a reality.


Since I will be using my blog to launch my accessory business 'Kyriake's Kaboodle', I thought, what better way is there to start than by making you all a Headmistress bracelet? It is made with lettering and rose-quartz beads to chanel all that radical Blogcademy love!


I also wrote you a love letter to explain my reasoning behind the choice...




I had so much fun painting, making and creating this for you, and if anything it just reminded me of how passionate I am about it all. I really would be so grateful for an opportunity to attend, and if I do attend I'd be happy to bring along some button bracelets to pop into your goody bags for the other Blogcadettes too!


My fingers and toes are crossed!


Lots of love and glitter,


xxx




No comments: