Monday, October 7, 2013

How to rock leopard print like Elizabeth Taylor.

The leopard print trend seems to have continued through to Spring/Summer 13 here in Australia, and I know that a lot of people struggle with how to wear it without looking too tacky. When I worked in fashion retail, we used to get asked this question all the time. I think if I were to look up to any fashion idol throughout history, Elizabeth Taylor would be one of them, and she sure knew how to rock her leopard print swimwear...

Image source.

I think subtlety and elegance is key with this trend. You don't wanna over-do the spots and end up looking like a leopard, literally. Stick with one item of leopard print, and then tone down the rest of your outfit, like Rach Parcell of Pink Peonies has done below with the leopard print belt.

Image source.

If you want to stand out and take an punk stance on the trend, get yourself some rocking leopard print Dr. Martens, and team them up with some ripped jeans and a plain black t-shirt. 

Image source.

Leopard print nail art is also trending at the moment. I learned the basics from an I-Scream Nails workshop at Sportsgirl last weekend, and this was my recent take on it...


Get on board the leopard print trend and tell me how you like to wear it on Facebook! xx



No comments: