Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just add glitter!



I've had a fairly awful week by most people's standards, so I thought I'd just take a moment to reflect on all the things to be thankful for, to help give me some perspective.

1. I have an amazing family who loves and cares about me. Case in point, my sister bought me a present the other day just to say thank you for all the times I have driven her around recently. Bless!

2. I am only a few weeks away from wrapping up my masters degree and reaching the top of a HUGE mountain that I have been climbing since 2005. I am so close to achieving my ultimate career goal! How exciting!

3. I took some time out to get creative for my scholarship application for The Blogcademy. Doing all that painting and creating again reminded me of why I loved it all in the first place. It's so much fun, and I'm looking forward to doing more of that once all the uni madness subsides.

4. Zumba! Oh em gee, it is the BEST self-care strategy one could ever possibly employ. It is so much fun! It would be safe to say that Zumba has preserved my sanity over the past few weeks and I'm so grateful to be able to go to the classes and shake it!!

5. This blog. It's been really cool re-launching this blog and brain storming ideas for future content. There are so many possibilities brewing and I am excited for how much potential there is for this blog to be really AWESOME.



Finally, if I have learned anything in life so far it would be not to be afraid to dream BIG. Walt Disney once said, 'if you can dream it, you can do it', and I strongly believe this is true! If you truly want something in your life, there is nothing stopping you from achieving it. There will be obstacles in your path, but don't let them stop you. Take a deep breath and confront whatever it is that is standing between you and your dream (it is usually fear). All you need are the three Ps: Patience! Persistence! Perseverance! 

...and if all else fails, just add a little glitter to your life!

What are you grateful for this week? Tell me! xxx


No comments: